Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let's Knit Together

Hey everybody! How are you all doing on this sweltering Wednesday afternoon? Keeping cool, I hope. Our house only has air conditioning in the downstairs bedroom and livingroom, so the boys and I have been escaping the heat by staying in these two rooms, playing checkers and watching youtube craft tutorials -- not a bad way to spend the day, if you ask me!

I did want to share a new card with you though. This is one of a series I made for a friend in my writer's group who also belongs to a knitting group. I saw this image and knew it'd be perfect for her to give to one of her knitting buddies.


The image is actually a vintage children's coloring page that I found online and printed out, then colored with Copics. I chose this sheet of patterened cardstock from K&Company's designer mat pad -- this was actually their wedding collection, but I thought the color scheme went really well with the vintage look of this little girl. I trimmed my paper to a little smaller than my Bazzill sky blue cardfront, as I wanted that blue to show around the edges. I just love that shade and it gives a nice pop of color without interfereing with the soft palette on the rest of the card.


I used the B side, that green and cream stripe, to accent my image, then popped it up with dimentional adhesive to make it stand out. Before attatching it to the card, I added some polkadot ribbon from American Crafts to tie in that lovely blue shade from the edges. Since I didn't have a sentiment to match, I just typed up "Let's knit together" on my computer and printed it out on cardstock. I matted that with the same green and cream stripe, and adhered that straight to the card.


For a final touch of sweetness, I added a green patterned flower from Hero Arts, and paired it with a soft blue bloom that was from a set I found in the dollar bins at Target. I threaded some white embossing thread through one of my great-grandmother's buttons and smushed it in the center with a glue dot.

I think it turned out pretty cute! Well, that's it from me today. Off to see if I can rustle up some squirt guns and launch a surprise attack on the little beasties. ;o) Have a wonderful night!

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, I have never seen an image like this one, but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card and ideal for the recipient. Love the way you have stitched the button on to the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet image! I love your card. I like the details like the thread and patterned paper for matting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me likes :) I have a grand total of 3 stamps, so I use the computer very often to print out sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout you have used. The image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, vintage style image. I like the printed flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I love this! Fabulous image and you did a wonderful job showcasing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute. You are too crafty! Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...