Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas Lanterns


Hello there!
Today I've got something totally different to share with you all
and I really hope you'll like it!

It's not often that I share the work I do at my day job here on my blog,
but we got these cool new lanterns in and I just had to make
some Christmas arrangements with them.

I thought they turned out pretty, so I snapped some pics to share.

This one was my first attempt.
I used lots of branches, pretty red and white chevron ribbon
paired with a narrower snowflake ribbon, and added red berries
and a cardinal in a nest as my focal element.



For my second one, I wanted to go a little more elegant,
so I used lots of gold and silver accents, with some cream and white
elements including bulb ornaments and pointsettias.


Both lanterns have a battery operated candle inside.
You don't want to use a regular candle unless you had no plans to light it, 
since the decorations are definitely flammable.

I'm really curious to hear what you guys think. :)

I know you come here looking for card inspiration,
but I hope you don't mind a break from that this once. :)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing your cards, but mostly because I don't make them myself. =) This is something I could handle if I needed too...so I love that you shared it with us! I am really in love with the red one...I think it's so cute. I can see the gold one fitting into a lot of decorating styles! I have a feeling they will sell quickly and you'll be making more. I was thinking that silver and blue would be cute too. Then there's maroon...the options are limitless! =) Have fun...can't wait to see what your next ones look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Hands down amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...